Blog Archive

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The first day...

So the hostel owner Raj at Anjali Inn is SO helpful, hd gave me loads of advice on where to go and booked me a train ticket. I met some lovely people at breakfast Tom, Chun Kwangju-Hyund (Ray) as we call him and my room mate Sue- both from Korea. Tom went to Edinburgh Uni too! Small world. AND I'll be starring as an extra in a Bollywood film tomorrow 0630 start, with the star Shahr-rukh- Khan. Woop. We all went to Calaba together, saw the gateway to india, MANY street sellers and the Taj Mahal Hotel where we had drinks served by the lively Mistry. Then we took a taxi- an Anbassador car- to the Haji Ali Misque that is built in the water out to sea where we saw the sunset. We then took s taxi after I broke my little toe back to the hostel but due to crazy, and I mean crazy driving along with a million cars it took one and a half hours for 400 rupees - basically £5.50. Three times less than the Kingfisher beers we had in the posh hotel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, an action-packed first day Epi. How did u break your toe? Delighted u have met a good crowd at the hostel. u said u were only there 4 2 nights have u changed your mind? Enjoyed reading your account. Much love G&G

    ReplyDelete